Send Password - IP to IP Secure Password Transfer
In security everything is related to passwords and keys. Once two parties agree on a password they can initiate a secure communication and send encrypted emails or documents. The only problem is to communicate to the recipient the correct key, without the danger that a hacker might intercept the password during the transfer. This feature allows you to exchange a password between two computers using an encrypted internet line.
The computers are identified over the internet by IPs. At least one of the computers must have a global IP.
In this transfer process one computer will send the password - it will be the transmitter - and one computer will receive the password - it will be the receiver. The transmitter must know the IP of the computer that receives the password.
This function might not work properly if you are behind a firewall. Port 10000 must be opened.
To send a password please follow these steps:
1. Select the action: IP-to-IP Secure Password Transfer from the main page.
2. Select the action for the computer:
- choose Receive Password.
- click Next button to receive the password
- choose Transmit Password.
- type in the IP of the receiver.
- type in the password to transmit.
- click Next button to transmit the password.
Beside the ability to send password in the most secure way, Invisible Secrets has many other features that will allow you to prevent unwanted people from reading your private files.